Efficient laser cutting of coverlay and flexible circuits.
The LodeStone™ system is a more accurate and flexible processing alternative for the efficient cutting and drilling of flexible materials. Its short pulse-width femtosecond laser results in low levels of carbonization and minimal heat-affected zones, delivering the exceptional accuracy and tight tolerances required by processors driving new solutions to market.
LodeStone uses an ESI-designed femtosecond laser with proprietary fiber technology to avoid costly laser components and historical issues with short-pulse-width laser reliability. With low upfront cost and high-quality, responsive ESI service and support, LodeStone enables you to consistently output ultra-high-quality product at lower cost and with minimal headaches.
It is well known that ultra-short-pulse lasers can avoid issues associated with poor laser energy absorption due to its cold ablation mechanism. Inefficient energy absorption is a major cause of poor quality and low throughput in many materials. LodeStone’s femtosecond laser enables you to process a broader range of material with high quality and productivity.
Can’t achieve your customer’s tight tolerances and high accuracies with your mechanical process anymore? Tired of long lead times and high prices for your mechanical tooling? LodeStone cuts overlay and flexible circuits with equivalent quality and reliability while enabling you to meet your customer’s demanding lead time and quality requirements and avoiding costly tooling.
Laser via drilling and precision laser micromachining
- Flex PCB Laser Processing
- Rigid-Flex Laser Processing
- Laser micromachining
- Display and touch panel processing
- Flex and interconnect processing
- FPC depaneling
- Coverlay routing
- Touchscreen and polarizer cutting
- Through via drilling (THV)
- Polyimide (PI)
- Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP)
- Cyclo-Olefin Polymer (COP)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Adhesiveless copper-clad polyimide laminates
- Copper-clad polyimide laminates with adhesive
- Glass-reinforced laminates (e.g. FR-4, BT, RT Duroid)
- Coverlay (Polyimide + Adhesive)
Easily address most flex and rigid-flex PCB processing needs
- Femtosecond Green – 12W
- Vacuum chuck - 533mm x 635mm (±20um accuracy)
- Electrical and software interface for web and panel handler integration
FEATURES & OPTIONS
Engineered for production-oriented flexible materials laser processing
- ESI-patented compound beam positioning technology
- Automated vision system for alignment and scaling compensation
- Easy-to-use Windows 7 interface
- Multi-language operator user interface
- Sophisticated process development functionality
- Comprehensive logging and diagnostics functionality
As the recognized leader in flex PCB processing, ESI has decades of applied expertise in laser via drilling and production-oriented Flex PCB laser processing. Learn more about ESI’s portfolio of laser via drilling systems and see how you can incorporate flex PCB laser processing to help address flex PCB manufacturing challenges.