Accurate and precise results on even the most challenging sample types.
Utilization of a short pulse width 193nm excimer laser source provides highest peak power for efficient ablation of all materials to produce small particles that can be efficiently transported and ionized by the ICP. The result — higher sensitivity, improved stability, and less fractionation.
Excimer-Based Laser Ablation: higher sensitivity, improved stability, and less fractionation.
- Manufacturing (metals/glass/plastics)
- Elemental ratios
- Isotope ratios
- Purity testing
- Material characterization
- Bulk Analysis
- Failure Analysis
- (Bio-) Imaging/Mapping
- Depth Profiling
- Thin films
Superior performance and benchmark analytical results.
- Wavelength: 193 nm
- Pulse duration: <4 ns pulse width
- Repetition Rate: 1–200 Hz (extendable to 300 Hz)
- Fluence: 15 J/cm2 at the sample surface
- Spot Sizes: 1–150 microns
FEATURES & OPTIONS
Designed for analytical science in mind.
- New, Rugged Universal Compact Card (RUCC) with kinematic laser mounting.
- Unique beam homogenization for the ultimate in crater profile and definition
- Unmatched high definition viewing
- Optional rotating XYR aperture for square and rectangular ablations
- Flexible Infinitely Variable Aperture (IVA) provides spot size selection in 1 micron increments
- Optional second magnification factor extends the spot size range up to 250 microns
- Optional second MFC for N2 flow control
It’s time you put the Laser Ablation science from ESI to work for your analysis.
The development of this new technique provides our customers the ability to generate data across the periodic table at detection limits superior to traditional methods in a very cost effective manner.Jon Landau, Vice President of the Geoanalytical Division, Bureau Veritas Minerals
By leveraging 20 years of industry experience, ESI laser ablation products deliver the finest quality analytical results to help you make your next important scientific discovery.